Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Party Time!

It is that time of the year.  Parties and presents galore!  I'm head room parent for my fourth grader's class. We just got done with the Christmas party!  😊 Sometimes I can get a little too caught up in the planning, and it sucks the joy right out of it.  This time, I decided to go a little more traditional, and a lot more easy.  Plus, I saved some of the games to play when my family all gets together.  BONUS!

I got most of the ideas off of Pinterest.  I'll give you the links so that if you are looking to throw a party or just to entertain your children you can have easy access :)

1. Ornament Craft



These are super easy crafts!  I think the kids enjoyed putting them together.  Click here! 

2. Drawing a Snowman on Your Head

This is a really quick game, but it is funny to see what happens!  Each person has a white paper plate and a marker. Someone reads instructions for them to draw, but they have to hold the plate on their head!  No peeking!  Click here for instructions!

This is one stunning result!




3.  Christmas Song Pictionary

This printable has a lot of songs on it!  For school, I took out the religious songs, but for my family we will leave them in!  I also thought that you could play this game by having someone describe the song without humming or singing and without using any of the words on the card.  There are a couple different ways that you can do it.  Click here!  
Super cute Santa, sleigh, and reindeer!

4. Christmas Song Madlibs

There are five free printable Christmas Song Madlibs here!  This is a good time filler.  The kids were laughing at the results.

5. Christmas/Winter Charades

Super cute printable here.  I laminated them so they would make it through 4 groups of kids and still be good to play later.  

6. Christmas Scattergories

Click here for the printable!  

7.  Oreo Snowman Pops

This was our treat.  The kids dipped oreos in white chocolate.  They added mini chocolate chips for eyes and a mouth, and added a orange chocolate chip (Pumpkin Spice?  What?!) for the nose.  (Seriously,  I don't love the pumpkin spice chips...but they were orange!)

The kids thought they were delicious!!!  There are a lot of tutorials on this.  Here is one of them.  I preferred using the mini chocolate chips instead of using frosting.  It was so much easier!!! 

Merry Christmas, Everyone!  I hope it is full of joy and happiness and togetherness!

Much Love 🎅

Heather 






No comments:

Post a Comment