Monday, January 16, 2017

Killer At-Home Workout!

Hi, Friends!
Is life is treating you well?  I hope so!  Today I tried a killer total-body workout.  All I had to have was stairs (luckily, my house comes equipped with them).

Variety is the spice of life.  This is true when exercising.  Variety keeps me motivated and keeps me out of the "I'm so BORED!" trap.  It also helps me to work and tone different parts of my body.

This workout is found on "Six Sister's Stuff" on Facebook.  Thanks to my friend for sharing it!  Click Here to see the video!

Here's the workout!
Walk (or jog) up and down the stairs - 5 times
Alternating toe taps - 20 each toe
Side squats - 20 each side
Skip a step - up and down stairs 2 times
Split squats - 10 each leg
Stair climbers - 20 each leg
Calf raises - 30 total
Jump up the stairs - 2 times (Seriously try not to fall down the stairs!  It helps to get a rythm going.)
Triceps dips - 15 total
Repeat the entire circuit 3 times for a killer workout!

I added 15 inclined push-ups after the triceps dips.  Then repeated 3 times!  After the first time through I was like, "Seriously?  I have to do this 2 MORE TIMES?!"  But, I completed it, and that feels AMAZING and EMPOWERING!  We won't talk about how sore I'm going to be tomorrow...😉

One word of caution, I did feel that this workout was pretty hard on the knees.  So, it might not be for you if you have knee problems!

Happy Exercising!

Much Love 🏋
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment